Managed File Transfer for SAP - Overview
Leveraging certified integration, Managed File Transger (MFT) for SAP ensures that files are delivered or received at the right place at the right time to support the data-driven processes that are key to any business operation. Users receive accurate feedback as to the status of their file transfers, ensuring that failed or delayed data does not adversely impact business processes.
The SAP Managed File Transfer Packaged Service eliminates large or sensitive file transfer problems (typically from using FTP, SFTP and FTPeS) and unnecessary costs associated with managing delivery of data into and out of SAP.
- Prevent data or file delivery failures or delays impacting business operation
- Streamline data-driven business processes, increasing efficiency and productivity
- Ensure no rogue attacks on data during transit or at rest – adhere to security standards
- Inform SAP users about file transfer status within SAP
- Secure and guaranteed file delivery with assured compliance for internal and external
security requirements to avoid risk of data breach.
- Consistent standards for secure file transfer that
leads to high reliability and low maintenance costs
- A single point of control for end-to-end delivery of
files both internally and to external partners
- Ability to ensure target servers are ready to receive
files, facilitating corrective action if necessary
- Visibility from SAP of success or failure of each
- Fault tolerant architecture ensuring files can be
redirected or restarted in case of network failure
- Ability to run any process pre or post transfer
- Integration into SAP at the SOA and batch level,
giving you one tool for file-based interactions
- Enforcement of security standards for all transfers
- Reduced costs and increased productivity through
consistent and easy to use technology and re-use
of existing technology investments
- Rapid deployment and ROI based on portable
technology regardless of platform.