SAP Central Process Scheduling by Redwood - General Information
SAP Central Process Scheduling (CPS) for NetWeaver 7 is a
culmination of 5 years joint development by SAP and Redwood
Software to radically enhance the native job scheduling and
workload management capabilities of SAP. SAP CPS is licensed,
validated and supported directly by SAP and is a true extension
of the core SAP environment being now fully embedded within
NetWeaver 7 and tightly integrated with Solution Manager.
SAP CPS delivers unprecedented improvements over
SM36/SM37 scheduling and, most importantly, SAP customers
are entitled to download a free (basic) version of SAP CPS from
the SAP Marketplace which will enable them to migrate their
existing SM36 schedules to SAP CPS. Once installed SAP CPS Basic
- A graphical user environment in which to create and
execute true dependency based job chains
- The ability to parallelize existing job schedules to
considerably improve throughput
- The ability to specify SAP events as well as dates & times
to trigger the execution of job chains, thus providing event
- The ability to intercept non-scheduled workloads (user jobs
etc.) and dynamically apply rules to govern when (or if)
they should be allowed to run
- Workload Management via multiple queues allowing you to
separate, prioritize and control different types of workloads
- The automatic ability to associate spawned child jobs with
their parent job (for instance BI Process Chains) and
create true successor relationships on completion of all of
the spawned processes.
- The ability to dynamically specify (or create/replace)
variants for a job at the time of execution thus significantly
reducing the number of job definitions whilst also providing
extended logic capabilities.
- Solution Manager Integration for SAP Job Monitoring
SAP also sell an enhanced version of SAP CPS which is
chargeable and includes; cross system scheduling with
centralized management and monitoring, extended Solution
Manager and BI capabilities and Hardware Virtualization.
Please see our white paper “Unraveling SAP Background
Process Scheduling and Workload Management” for more
details of the capabilities of both versions of SAP CPS.